Wednesday, April 21, 2010

GUY LOVE & MARCH ATCs!!!!!!

Hello Everyone!!!! It has been quite sometime now, since I last posted..... I was kinda..... RELAX..SING!!!!!!! And that was because.... I had completed the challenges I had in hand, with my previous Get Well Card..... which was kinda 'ALL IN ONE' ..... Hence I became relax-Singh!!!!! (SINGH is KING - ;-)

But since it is another fresh week with fresh challenges to keep me on toe..... I have attempted few of them...... many more 'to be attempted' yet..... And I can say this is the CARD... that took all my time or rather most of it..... to be finally DONE..... It took almost an entire day..... to make it.... So this is it.....

Guy Love


And I thank.........

Guy Love


Trimmies Craft Challenge for the cool Sketch......
Play Date Cafe for the Color Splash.....
Cards for Men for Fancy Folds....
EBTKS Challenge for the freedom to Interpret her SKETCH.....
Paper Play Challenges for the use of Stickers.......
Cute Card Thursday for the theme of Textures.....
SSDS Challenge for the usage of Bows, Buttons & Blings.....
ABC Challenge for Sparkle....
Stamp Challenges for Something Layered.....
Scrappy Hours for Boy Oh! Boy........
Totally Gorjuss for the Charms.....
Stamptacular Sunday for the use of Black & White......
Pile it on to say it with Words.....
MyTime to Craft Challenge for Quick Quotes....
Daring Card Makers for Getting in a Flap.....

Guy Love


Hmmmm.... Yes! That is a lengthy Challenging List..... I loved making it, yes, had to compromise on few of my other regular chores..... ;-)

Guy Love


And this is how I made it......

Guy Love


I used a black CS for my base..... on which I scored on all four sides for the flaps..... & cut them accordingly.....
I used a orange white DP & an Off White plain recycled craft paper for my layered panels... inside.....
I used an orange CS for the outer panel & the center BUTTON kinda flower to hold those flaps together.... on which I adhered a white & black CS pieces cut into smaller rounds.....
I used the My Guy sentiment sticker from Deja Views collection......
I used the same orange CS for the basket of hearts on which I adhered the white & orange DP, bordered with my scallop design cutter.....
I cut those hearts from the black CS & off white paper....
I used a black ribbon for the handle of the basket & adhered two buttons in those two hearts in the basket.....
On the OUTSIDE.... I used an orange recycled DP I had on one flap...
And adhered my stone bindis on the other three flaps... around which I used my golden glitter pen to make those flower motifs...... The blinged bindi stones.... sparkles to the light.... I love them.....
I used a pair of white strings to hold my Hand Written sentiment around the orange CS layer..... which makes the back of the card......
Hand Written sentiment is a Quick Note that says " 'Love' is the True Price of Love....."

Guy Love


WELL!!! WELL!!!! TIME FOR ATCs......... My first, of my LIFE......

I totally enjoyed every moment I indulged in them..... It was my first experience.... The very concept was new to me, as I had never heard of it till March 1st week..... So I was very curious regarding the pros & cons..... I had several questions haunting me from A to Z.... I called up the hostess of the month, who was Shalini, 'n' number of times...... She not only owns an awesome space called Craft Curry in the Blogosphere but has also made a place for herself.....

The very first thought that made me happy was to know INDIANS residing IN India...... who also indulged themselves in the Card Making Passion..... And that was a surprise to see such awesome talents & creativity..... And later the thought of interacting & getting to know them through this Card Exchange Programme ..... was like WOW!!!!! Sone Pe Suhaga!!!! as said in HINDI...... Which simply means Could not ask for More!!!!!

And these were my very first ATCs for the month of MARCH, with the theme ' Cute as a Button'......

MARCH ATC



MARCH ATC


And today morning by 11:00 am, I received my share of ATCs, which were spectacularly awesome...... Oh! I still can feel the moment I saw the Post Man, who came in to deliver my ATCs..... I went shouting to the door like a small girl eagerly waiting for some gift of hers via post...... And believe me, that was the first time I saw our POST MAN..... till then, it had been 3 years since we came here.... But I had not seen him even once.... forget knowing him..... But for sure, here on I will know him too..... I would love to talk to him next.....

This first creation belongs to Spardha from New Delhi..... Isn't that a cutie???? I loved the simplicity of this card.... As I say always.... Simple Yet Elegant...... :-) She owns a neat craft dedicated space of her own...... sweetly called as Get addicted to Craft! Oh! Sure, your visit to her space would surely get you motivated to create something & be addicted to it too......

MARCH ATC


And this second piece is from the hostess of the month, Shalini herself....... Oh! I loved the uniqueness in her creation.... I could not think of making something like that..... & she did.... Bravo!!!! Does it not persuade you too to indulge yourself in some of these flavors?????

MARCH ATC


I still remember when Shalini posted the March ATCs, I was like selecting the ones I wanted in exchange to mine.... At the end, the list surely included either one of the two creations per person or both..... And I was like, that is not possible..... Since me craving & feeling greedy to own all, would not come true, I just left it.... to be surprised by the ATCs I receive..... which I surely was..... I love them both.....

MARCH ATC


Thank You dearies, for making them all so tempting...... And Congrats to the winner of the March Goodies Bag.....

Let us all make this a 'PART OF OUR LIFE' event..... for ever......
Wishing all luck & wishes to one & all......
for the cool events of the following months....

That is it for now......

UNTIL NEXT, KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!

29 comments:

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Love the card! Nice use of rhinestones/stones. Beautiful parcel..must weigh heavy with all the love it signifies!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is an amazing card. I can see how it took you nearly an entire day to design and complete it. Awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at SSDS. Hugs, Kim

Julie Ranae said...

So nice that you stopped by The Play Date Cafe to play along with us. I can see why it took you awhile to get this creation finished : )

BEAUTIFUL work....our next challenge begins at midnight tonight!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--you are busy! These are all beautiful! Love that Guy card--super cute! I love that yarn/twine holding the tag! Great stuff! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC:)

Lisa Somerville said...

Wow, for someone who was relaxing, you've sure been busy! Wonderful cards for all the challenges you entered. Great fun fold for the Play Date challenge! Thanks for playing at the PDCC this week, hope you can join us again!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute cards! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC :)

Nannieflash said...

Hi, my youve been busy so many fabulous creations. Thank you for joining us at cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxxxx

craftymum said...

Sweet cards
Thanks for joining us at TG
Love sarah XXX

Trimgym said...

Lovely card using Ei's sketch, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Rose said...

Lovely card, love the colours and great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Sarah Anderson said...

No wonder that card took you all day, I love it's fold out pieces. Thanks for choosing the play date cafe colours to work with and hope you come and play again from tomorrow!

Eiglas said...

Unusual and vibrant card! Good 'take' on the sketch too.
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Kathy said...

I love the folds you've used on your card - what a great idea.
Thanks for joining in with
The Daring Cardmakers

Ruby said...

What lovely work! You've been really busy! I love all the detail that you've done, and a great job on your ATC too! Hope you join us again next week at the Play Date Cafe! :o)

Annette said...

Lovely card - good take on our theme! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Julie M said...

Lovely work - especially like the vivid colour schemes.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Kat said...

You have gone to a lot of work but I think it has been worth it. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Deb said...

beautiful cards, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Deb said...

beautiful cards, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Aruna Manikandan said...

Lovely cards dear...

Deirdre said...

Great cards.

Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge on Paperplay this week. ♥

ಸಾಗರದಾಚೆಯ ಇಂಚರ said...

Dear Asha

wonderful card

tumbaa ishta ayitu

Lynda said...

Lots of lovely creations - Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

~kelly marie~ said...

Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with EbtKS!

Lesley said...

Wonderful card and great atcs! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week xx

Linda said...

Wonderful creation! Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.

Skraptacular Designs said...

Clever card creation! I love how you can add just a bit of color to the black and white color combination to give it a whole new look!

Thank you for playing along with us at Stamptacular this week! Hope you'll join us for some more challenge fun again soon!

Hugs,
Priscilla

carlz said...

ohh i do love how you've used the orange in your creation! tis lovely hun! thanks for playing at stamptacular this week! hugs carlyann xxx

Winter said...

Cute cards! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails