Saturday, May 7, 2011

TO MOM ON HER DAY!!!!

Hello Everyone!!!! Hope all is well around...... Ya! It had been days together since I posted...... Kuku was away & so was my inspiration..... Now that he is back, I am back to life!!!

It seems like it was just yesterday, when I announced the first ICR Challenge.... But days flew by & it was time for our next bi-weekly challenge..... First challenge went well with quite a lot of contributions playing to the top..... And we had creations racing up to the top... WOW!!!! It was a feast to check them all out..... And I'm sure we would have many more crafters contributing this time, since it is our favorite celebrations..... Celebrating MOM on MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!




And we maintain to have a combo always..... ;) So for the second ICR Challenge it is the usage of DIGIS with the theme Mother's Day!!!! I know it is challenging..... And it was set by our very own Tejal Shah from Creative Expressions!!!! And we have a very well known sponsor amongst us The Stamping Boutique!!!! Tracey from TSB was kind enough to offer the winner 2 digi images from her store, which is so full of yummy designs..... You must use those tempting images on your creations, which gives an extra edge to your creativity..... :) Hope to catch you all at The Indian Craft Room (ICR), contributing those amazing projects you make for your first sweetheart of your life..... Your MOM!!!!!

Well, I made one initially for the Challenge as an inspiration, which to be true, I quite did not like..... {Simply because I Sc***ed the skin tone on the image..... }

ICRC2

That was the reason for me to delay my posting here, as I wanted to create something else to compensate that ROYAL Sc*** Up..... { Forgive my words, but, that was the extent I was frustrated }

So here I am with my new project for MOM & the ICR challenge, which I have fallen in love with.... I love spring colors..... My favorite!!!!

ICRC2


And I Thank.....


ICRC2


ICR Challenge for their Combo Theme.....
Verve at SplitcoastStampers for their Sketch.....
Mix It Up Monday at StampTV for their Spring Colors..... (Photo Inspiration)
Make It Monday at PTI for their impression plat tricks.....
April Diva Dare at Verve Stamps for April Sowers bring May Flowers!

ICRC2


The Prep.....

Brown CS for the base from Fabriano....
Orange CS for the mat & a yellow CS from Fabriano to work on.....
DP is B's RAK from SU!
The Digi image is from OWH Stars and Stamps.....
Colored the digi with my bic markers & paper pieced them to give the image a dimension.....
The Flourish accent is a RAK from B..... I love them.... Very cute!
Sentiment is a PTI stamp from their Round & Round collection.... [ Do not be annoyed, that is the only PTI set I own, hence would see me using the same often ]

***The most important is the work on the card front! Meaning the top layer...... At PTI, we were challenged to use the impression plate/Dies to give the creation an amazing dimension....
I used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder with my Nestabilities - label Four, last sized die..... And I loved the outcome..... Would do a lot of them on future projects.... :D ***


ICRC2


Well, we have come to the end I guess..... Nothing more as of now..... Do come & play with us at ICR Challenges & Celebrate a very happy Mother's Day with your Mamma!!!! I miss mine! Hoping to see her as soon as possible...... I'm thankful to her for all that she has done for me, to make me the person I am today..... Love You & Miss You!!!!

UNTIL NEXT, KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

Great work Ash... I love the embossing bit the best...

Kurinji said...

Nice work...
Kurinjikathambam, Event : HRH-Healthy Summer, Roundup : HRH-Puffed Rice

MANSI said...

WOW!!!Lovely card!!!And I love the colors!!!

Hussena said...

you know i really liked the first card too i don't fully understand your issues on the coloring but to me its beautiful and the image just sticks in my mind.

Anita Kejriwal said...

so pretty! I love that embossing. Can you guide me how to do it.

Banu said...

Lovely Cards Asha. I love the first card as well, I do not see any issues with the skin tone at all. I love the way the border wraps around the image. Very pretty. The 2nd card is gorgeous too. You have rocked the PTI Challenge. Way to go.

Tenia Nelson said...

What wonderful cards!!!! tfs!!!

kavitha said...

Lovely,..love the embossing on the second one:)

Deepti Aggarwal said...

hey Ash both the cards are beautiful...

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a lovely collection of cards

Creativek(shraddha) said...

This card is sooo cool!!Lov eto see you back in action..keep creatiing!!Love the new techniques!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are so pretty! Love that shimmery silver flourish in the bottom of your card.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails