Monday, May 17, 2010

BIRTHDAY COLORS!!!!

Hey!!!! Here is another project, I mainly indulged in because of the sketch & colors..... I wanted to try it out & own a piece too..... Of all the simple cards I made, this was different, because of the use of flowers..... It looked kinda exclusively FLORAL! So here it is.....

Birthday


And I thank.....

Creative Card Crew for their Sketch......
Embellish Magazine for their Colors & usage of Buttons.....
My Time to Craft Challenge for their Cute Images....
Inky Impressions for Summer Creation.....
Flutter By Wednesday for Paper Piecing with Butterfly.....
Cute Card Thursday for Someone Special!!!
Stamp Challenges for Celebrate Anything!!!!
Kwerner Design for Usage of a tool not used so far....
Totally Gorjuss for Rounds.....
All Sorts Challenge for Birthday Theme....
Ginger Snap Creations for Color with Pencils....

Birthday


I used......

Dark Pink & black CSs for the base & layers, respectively....
Onion pink plain DP, on which I used my floral punch, I looked forward to use, since many days....
Corrugated papers in pink & yellow for the layered panels...
Sea green plain DP for the scalloped layer, in the center, on which I adhered a circled layer....
Inked the circled layer with the sponge, to get the colors of the sky & greenery....
Sliekje Digi Stamp for the image, which I colored with my Faber Castell color pencils....
Instead of coloring the flower & the butterfly, I paper pieced them....
Punched & ready flowers for embellishments......
Buttons in two colors yellow & pink.....
Printed out the Birthday Sentiment.....

For a change, I even did the inside of the card, by embossing the flower design.... Hand cut & just dabbed a bit of p'ink' around, to get the panel, going with the pink inside.... I even punched half of the card on the top, to give the complete flower look, when opened, in the inside.....

Birthday

That is it for now....

UNTIL NEXT, KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

10 comments:

Simplyfood said...

Vibrant colours and pretty flowers makes this card very cute.

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Very cheerful looking bday card! Sure to put a smile on anyone's face!

Danni said...

Very sweet! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Angelwood said...

How adorable this is! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions! hugs, Angela

Manasa said...

Hey cute card.. :) Love the sides of the card, they look absolutely gorgeous.I love ur choice of colour.

Magia da Inês said...

♥♥ Olá, amiga!
Passei para ver as novidades...♥
Amei... é simples, delicado e de bom gosto!
Ótima semana! ♥
♥♥ Beijinhos.
Itabira - Brasil ♥♥

Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

Wow! This is nice.. How have you cut the circle?

Linda Ledbetter said...

This is so sweet! Your colored pencil work is gorgeous, and I'm so glad you shared this with us at Gingersnap Creations!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so cheerful and cute!! Pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week!!

Priscilla said...

Love the side punches

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails