Saturday, May 22, 2010

GET WELL - PATCH UP!!!!

Hello! Peeps!!!! It was a beautiful morning..... Looked forward to post my entry to few challenges, but unfortunately my computer acted cranky..... As soon as I turned it On!, it would just shut itself Off!!! I went nuts with it... I just left it & sat back to make a challenge for Monday, I was desperate to attempt..... I loved the idea of a box cum card, which could be used for any purpose.... And when it is something uniquely luscious, I always yearn to own it......

Now it is 15 minutes to 7 pm...... & I am finally back on my comp.... to post & check out other things...... So here are my creations for today.....

A Pocket Patch Up! Card......

Patch Up!


I thank......

Card Positioning Systems for their Sketch.....
Stamp With Us for their Colors.....
Crazy 4 Challenges for pockets on card....
Totally Gorjuss for Rounds....
SSDS Challenge for Masculine theme....
Moxie Fab World for incorporating Fabric.....
Ginger Snap Creations for Pencils.....

And I used......

Brown CS for the base.....
Navy Blue CS, light yellow corrugated paper & a Deja View collection DP for the layers...
Drew that boy with the torn pocket image by hand...... & colored him with my Faber Castell color pencils....
Yellow fabric to make those small pockets & faux stitched on them with my glitter pens....
Hand Written sentiment which says "Sorry! Let's Patch Up!!!"

Patch Up!


Get Well Soon!.... Card cum Box...... :-)

GetWellSoon


I thank.....

2Sketches4u for their Sketch.....
Color Throwdown for their Colors.....
Paper Take Weekly for say it Flowers....
My Time to Craft Challenge for Get Well Soon....
StampTV Anything But Card for their Box kinda Card.....
Tuesday Morning Sketches for favorite color combo & glitters.....
Inky Impressions for their Flower Recipe...... ( F & S - flowers, faux stitching, sparkle)
Ginger Snap Creations for Pencils.....

GetWellSoon


I Used.....

Melon Pink CS for the base box......
Light Blue & pink for the layered panels......
Drew the image by hand & colored it with FaberCastell color pencils......
Flowers & embellishments from Itsy Bitsy.....
Punched a hole on the top & tied them together with a golden string & attached a tag on to it....
Faux stitched with glitter pens after I sewed holes into the layers..... [ I found my sewing tool abandoned for years... I will post a picture of it in my next post.... Sorry to forget!] There was no thread, I did not know how it would work after I threaded the tool, hence, dry sewed the layers....
Hand Written sentiment "Get Well Soon!"

GetWellSoon

I loved this result so much that I plan to make more for various other purposes & occasions, too...... I really loved the idea of a card cum box, which can hold my goodies for the occasions...... I LOVED IT!!!!!!

That is it for now......

UNTIL NEXT, KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!

12 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

These are so cute! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

kavitha said...

I love the second one.again a new try from u,looks cute:)

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Lesley said...

Lovely work, the box is a great idea! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Theresa said...

Very cute!

Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Theresa, DT

Linda Ledbetter said...

These are so sweet! I'm glad your computer is working again, and VERY glad you joined us at Gingersnaps!

Rachana said...

wow the hand-drawn image is super cool ...i really like the way u have colored the bed as well...also the tiny pockets on the other card are very cute...

Chrissie said...

Wow, What a lot of challenges for all these cards!
Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Creating is so much fun and it looks like you're enjoying it! Thanks so much for joining the challenge this time at Inky Impressions! Have a great week!
Pam Going Postal

Crystal said...

Cute creations!! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey AshaLatha! Thanks for entering the Fun with Fabric challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

fferns said...

hi ash this blog of urs is soo gud, i'm folowing it so i can steal some ideas ;D from here. hope u won't mind.
i like ur cards and this card cum box is also a good idea, i just want to know what is in the box though:)

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails