Tuesday, May 4, 2010

TO MOM ON MOTHERS DAY!!!!

Hello!!!!! As the entire world is getting ready to celebrate A special Day for their Mother..... here I am, just another daughter, gearing up for the same...... I tried my hands on an Easel card, for the first time, yet to make a difference.... along with a gift box of cards..... for which the cards are not yet ready.... I will in another day.....

So here is what I made.....

To Mom


And I thank......

CaardVarks for their Monochromatic Theme.....
Papertake Weekly for Something not done till date......
My Time to Craft Challenge for Ruby Red....
Flutter Wednesday for Clean & Simple Sketch with Butterfly....
Double Dutch for mom's card & Gift....
Our Creative Corner 6 for mom's card without blooms....
Crafty Creations for make your own paper....
Creative Cottage Challenge for Circles....
Delightful Sketches for using Punches.....
Cute Card Thursday for making something on your own.....
Daring Card Makers for Easel Cards.....

To Mom


This is how I made them.....

I used the red CS for base, on which I layered a plain red craft paper, on which I in turn stamped the background..... Though the image is not that clear, which is a floral border, it still gives some kinda background effect......
I drew & hand cut the butterflies & on the bigger one, I adhered a string for its antennae... & adhered small stones for an effect on all....
I tied a ribbon around, & adhered a button with a twine tied to a bow & used some bigger sized stones around for a look.....
I used a piece of red CS, which I punched on a side with my border punch & the other end I just used my scallop scissor the other way round to get the outer scalloped edge......
I hand cut scalloped circle & a plain circle adhered them on, together... & wrote a sentiment for mom....... ( whom I really miss)..... I would give it to her the day I see her, next..... :-)
I used my 3D liner from hobby ideas for those pearls on the scalloped circle.....

And I made that gift box to match, for which the set of cards are yet to be made..... I used floral stones on the box, with plain round ones, too...... & few buttons tied with strings......

To Mom


I am late for few of the challenges because of my nerd Internet connection.... acting crazy..... :-(

That is it for now.....

UNTIL NEXT, KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!

21 comments:

Claire Phillips said...

Great paper - thanks for playing along in the Crafty Creations challenge! A lovely card. Cheers Claire x

Karen said...

Very nice, thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
xx

Jodi said...

Pretty papers you have used! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday!
Hugs
Jodi=)

fimere said...

de magnifiques cartes comme d'habitude tu es une artiste, bravo
bonne soirée

Kathy said...

I'm glad we inspired you to make your first easel card - you did a great job with it! Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Tracy said...

lovely card, love the design and gorgeous colours. thanks for joining this weeks creative cottage challenge. hugs Tracy x

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful card and box! Thanks for playing along with Flutter By Wednesday!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card and gift box.

Thank you for joining in with our challenge this week at PTW.

Mandy

Danni said...

Very nice! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Farm Girl said...

I love this. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches

Anonymous said...

Wonderful paper and creative set! So glad you joined in our challenge at Crafty creations!
smiles,Deena

Erica said...

A lovely creation AshaLatha, your easel card turned out great too! Thank you for playing in the Double Dutch challenge!

Smiles,
Erica

Lynda said...

Your easel looks perfect to me - two fabulous projects. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

ಸಾಗರದಾಚೆಯ ಇಂಚರ said...

Dear Asha

nice one

Nithya said...

Lovely card buddy. I love red and it looks really good. :)

Julie Leblanc said...

Very pretty, and great take on our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Julie.

Rumana Rawat said...

Hello Asha, great one:-)
http://rumanarawat.blogspot.com/

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

How nice to make a card with a matching box. I love it. Thanks for joining us at DS.

Rosalien

Magia da Inês said...

Olá, amiga!
Para você... com carinho...

"Quem teria nesse mundo...
um beijo, um olhar... uma palavra
um amor maior para dar?
Olhos que vissem além da alma
chegando ao coração com docura...
desde nosso primeiro dia..."

Feliz Dia das Mães!!!

Ótimo fim de semana!
Beijijnhos carinhosos.
Itabira - Brasil

Raghu said...

nice collection..!
Raaghu

Lisa Foster said...

Oh what a lovely set! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!
Hugs,
Lisa

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails